The Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and Saving Promise are launching the Learning Lab—a multi-year, multi-disciplinary intimate partner violence research and development initiative. The Lab will:
- Assess root causes and explore the mental and physical health consequences and risks
- Research, build and implement innovative evidence-based public education and prevention strategies, programs, and policies
- Scale impact through influencer, community engagement and cross-sector collaborations
- Promote systemic change in government, public health and clinical systems
- Measure and disseminate prevention strategies and innovations across disciplines
The objective of the Learning Lab is to create a synergistic continuum that brings together prevention models, public awareness and advocacy and unite the public and private sectors to impact change. Critical to our strategy is to shift the conversation from intervention to prevention. Our approach builds and expands over time and creates a sustained movement to promote intimate partner health.
With our proactive, rather than the traditional reactive approach to this public health crisis, we uniquely leverage the expertise of the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health with the storytelling and advocacy prowess of Saving Promise to galvanize the strengths of our multi-sector collaborative partners.